Serium Global provides scalable logistics solutions for import and export of motor vehicle and motor vehicle parts.
Importing motor vehicles to Kenya is now more transparent, straight forward and seamless, thanks to the specialist automotive solutions rendered by Serium Global Logistics Ltd.
We transform the needs and wants of our automotive customers into bespoke supply chain solutions that are cost effective, responsive and durable.
Timeliest delivery of vehicles and auto parts is critical to the smooth operation of automotive supply chain. Serium Global Logistics has an extensive network of partners across Japan, Europe and Africa for purposes of delivering optimized logistics & supply chain for buyers and importers of vehicles and spare parts to Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Djibouti, Mozambique, Namibia and South Africa among other hinter land countries in Eastern, Central & Southern Africa.
Our integrated automotive freight forwarding logistics, multimodal transport for both FCL and LCL across sea, air and road; multilateral customs clearance and compliance all ensure that our customers’ businesses receive a service of value.
IMPORTING MOTOR VEHICLES TO KENYA
To import any motor vehicles to Kenya, the car must meet the maximum age limit of 8 years as set by the government regulations. Majority of cars imported into Kenya are shipped by RoRo vessels; these are specialized car carrying ships where all the vehicles are transported on an open platform as compared to containerized shipping which is relatively more expensive for shipping motor vehicles.
The following documentation is required to have your car cleared at the port of Mombasa:
- Original Commercial Invoice
- Original Logbook from the country of importation. This should be canceled from the country of origin and produced before the National Transport and Safety Authority so as to get an original Kenyan Log Book
- Original Bill of lading. This is a document issued by a carrier (or their agent) to acknowledge receipt of cargo for shipment.
- Pre-shipment inspection certificate. (certificate of roadworthiness)
– Private passenger vehicles of petrol engine whose engine capacity exceeds 2500cc (30%)
– Private passenger vehicles of Diesel engine whose engine capacity exceeds 3000cc (30%)
– All Other Vehicle Categories (20%)Copy of your PIN certificate/ Copy of certificate of Incorporation (applicable to companies)
TAXATION ON MOTOR VEHICLE IMPORTATION.Import Duty (25%)Excise Duty:This duty varies with vehicle category.
- Private passenger vehicles of petrol engine whose engine capacity exceeds 2500cc (30%)
- Private passenger vehicles of Diesel engine whose engine capacity exceeds 3000cc (30%)
- All Other Vehicle Categories (20%)
Value Added Tax (14%)
Import Declaration Fees (2%)
Railway Development Levy (1.5%)
Importing motor vehicles or spare parts to Kenya through Serium Global Logistics Ltd enables the customers to focus on their business while we ship the car from the country of origin, clear at the port of Mombasa and deliver your vehicle on door to door basis throughout Kenya.